Sunday, October 7, 2012


Participles

Absolutes

Appositives

Adjectives

            Sitting in a chair, staring at the standard Microsoft Word template, I wonder what I should write about this week for my grammar blog.    Every week it gets harder for me to write this blog, because I’m running out of things to write about. The clock ticking, anxiety overtaking, the time is speeding up faster and faster, as I’m trying to write this blog on schedule. I’m only a few sentences in, and I have twenty minutes to do this blog and post it on time. As I’m writing this, I still haven’t decided on a topic for my blog. The clock, a ticking time bomb, keeps speeding forward, the second hand going faster than I thought possible. I try to read my other classmates blogs to get inspired. Their blogs, great and interesting, are too good to snag a topic from – I could never do them justice.

            I am back to the drawing board. Somehow, I got all four patterns of the week in my first paragraph. At least that’s something I can check off the list, but I should probably get another paragraph or two in my blog. I know I shouldn’t procrastinate so much, but it is a habit I’ve been struggling with for my whole schooling career. I remember waiting to study for spelling tests until the night before in second grade. Yes, I’ve definitely had the procrastination problem for a while now. I usually post my blog an hour or so before its due; but unfortunately, this is the one day my body decides it wants to sleep in.

            Even though I like to procrastinate, I know I need to get my work done—which, I always do. The problem is, my work usually gets done at two in the morning. My logic is that if I have free time, let’s say two days before, I will think “well it’s due in two days, I don’t have to worry about it” so I’ll usually read instead. Even though it’s my logic, I know that I shouldn’t be procrastinating so much. It’s definitely easier to talk the talk, then to walk the walk, but I’m going to challenge myself this week not to procrastinate so much. We’ll see how that goes!

1 comment:

  1. I also have a major problem with procrastination. I always wait till the last minute to finish my work, which results in a lesser quality of work sadly. But this class has challenged me to actually do the work on time. If I don't I'm pretty much screwed. I'm hoping that this class will train my brain, not meaning to rhyme, to get into the habit of meeting deadlines and getting things done in a timely fashion. All of which will ultimately lower my stress level!

    I enjoyed your blog this week mainly because I was able to easily relate to it. Also good job on the four brush strokes! You seemed to be able to use them much easier than I could.

    ReplyDelete